This blog is about my life. How I live it with the people I love. Adventures and misadventures in my life is journalled here.
RSS

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

100 Places to See: My Choices in Pictures- America

Some of my must-see destinations in America from the 100 Places to See in Your Lifetime list in no particular order.

Warning: Photo overload.

1. The Big Sur
http://geography.berkeley.edu/programcourses/2003_Field_Pictures/SouthCoast/0312_
BigSurHighway.jpg
According to Wikipedia, it is in the central California where the Santa Lucia Mountains rise abruptly from the Pacific Ocean. The terrain offer stunning views, making Big Sur a popular tourist destination. Although it has no specific bondaries, many definition of the area is between the Carmel river and San Carpoforo Creek. I dunno but I can just imagine how beautiful it is. I can just remember the way I felt when I saw Pacific Ocean in Monterey, CA. It is so beautiful eh to think di naman bago sa tin ang Pacific Ocean. I even created a scrapbook layout about it.





2. The Grand Canyon
http://www.oursaviorchurch.org/school/faculty/gthorp/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/tour_grand_canyon_1.jpg; http://www.familyvacationco.com/LA2Grand/grand_canyon.jpg

I think I've seen the Grand Canyon in one of my plane rides from San Jose to Phoenix, Arizona then to Austin, Texas when I was in the US but since I've never been there I'm not sure but para talagang yun kasi ang ganda. According again to Wikipedia, it is a steep-sided gorge carved by the Colorado river in Arizona. Hay, I so wish I could go here.




3. Nantucket
http://www.crimerant.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/nantucket.gif
This place, I only learned from this 100... list. For me it's like Sausalito, the small town near San Francisco or Carmel, CA near Monterey. Well, that's my impression. I'm not really sure but given that impression, I want to go here. Per Wikipedia again, it is an island (that's the difference) 30 miles south of Cape Cod, Masachusetts. It is a tourist destination and summer colony. It is part of the National Register of Historic Places so it must be really nice. It features one of the highest concentration of pre-civil war structures in the US.


4. Monument Valley
http://www.destination360.com/north-america/us/utah/images/s/utah-monument-valley.jpg
Again, something that I only learned from the list but I think I've already seen in the movies I've watched. It is located on the southern border of Utah with northern Arizona. It is part of the Colorado plateau. More really nice pics can be seen in wikipedia.


5. Yellowstone National Park
http://www.legendsofamerica.com/photos-wyoming/YellowstoneMorningGlory.jpg
Eto, I know na even before and I so want to go here na, di pa ko nakakarating ng US. It is located mostly in Wyoming but extends into Montana and Idaho. The park was the first of its kind and is known for its wildlife and geothermal features specially Old Faithful Geyser, one of the most popular areas of the park. I'm more excited to see the geysers found there.


6. Yosemite Park
http://www.desktopscenes.com/Scenes%20from%20a%20Day%20at%20Yosemite%20(2003)/Yosemite%20Valley%20Tunnel%20View%20Panorama.jpg
This one, sobrang sayang. My sis and I planned on going here for my first long weekend in the US and her visit to me in CA but since I've only been in the US for less than a month and mostly nasa Texas pa ko, di namin na plan then when we went to AAA to inquire, sabi nila, mahirap na kumuha ng booking as sobrang late na kami. Sayang! hubby and his family went here and maganda nga raw. This National Park is located largely in Mariposa and Toulomne Counties, California. Designated a World Heritage Site in 1984, it is internationally recognized for its spectacular granite cliffs, waterfalls, clear streams, giant sequioa groves (I saw hubby's pics with these trees, talo ang Muir woods pics ko with the giant trees), and biological diversity.


7. Mount Rushmore
http://blogs.trb.com/news/politics/blog/Mountrushmore-thumb.jpg

Well, I guess this is the most common among my list of seven destinations. This is near Keystone, South Dakota. To those who don't know, the granite sculptures are the heads of US past presidents George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt and Abraham Lincoln.



Now, to my the three places that I've been to that is included in the list.

Here they are:


1. Lake Tahoe with hubby, tita alma (hubby's aunt) and faye (hubby's SIL who went all the way from Las Vegas to join us for this trip)





2. Statue of Liberty - with my sister. At ang nakakatawa, pareho pa ang suot kong damit sa pics na napili ko dito at sa Lake Tahoe.



3. San Francisco
Inside Alcatraz



The Golden Gate Bridge:


The "Crookedest Street" - Lombard Street


Fisherman's Wharf


Next entry: The World

No comments: