This blog is about my life. How I live it with the people I love. Adventures and misadventures in my life is journalled here.
RSS

Sunday, February 17, 2008

My birthday

I had a good birthday. No handa at all or any celebration but I am very happy. First, hubby surprised me on the wee hour of my birthday with two dozens of white roses. Well, I actually learned about it even before he arrived home kasi I called him as late na wala pa sya sa house, that's how I learned na dumayo pala sya ng dangwa just to buy the roses. How sweet is that! Slept for only 3 hours kasi madaling-araw na nga sya dumating then I have to wake up early for my review at 8am which unfortunately, pagdating ko sa review site eh biglang na-cancel ang registration namin. Hay.. this is the only glitch on my day, kaaga-aga ko pa naman dumating only to find out that we're not enrolled in the review. Well, this is another topic. Buti na lang di nasira araw ko, nainis lang ako kasi I woke up really early pa naman.

So, I went back home muna to sleep for a few more hours as I am so sleepy. I think I was able to sleep for an hour or two. My car also turned one year old the day before, Feb. 15, so I decided that this day din I'll bring my car to Honda Global City for the one year check. I'm actually looking forward to this day as I just love the location of this Honda service center, malapit sa pasyalan- Serendra and Bonafio High Street!

So later that morning, I took my car in Honda then that's the only time I realized that it's lunch time na pala, didn't know that I left home past eleven na pala eh my MIL asked pa the helper to cook pansit for my bday. So, I had lunch na lang at Pancake House, of course, since it's my birthday, I ordered my favorite, steak! I took with me a new book that I bought the day before in the bookstore in Bonifacio High (which I can't remember the name now. I'm so excited to read my new book, it's Sophie Kinsella! a new one, title is Remember Me. So, I spent my lunch enjoying my steak and reading my new book. After lunch, I went to my favorite dessert place in Serendra, Sonja's! I ordered brewed coffee and my favorite melt-in-your-mouth, no-bake chocolate cupcake. Stayed there for a long time as I am enjoying my book.

Usapan namin ni hubby is that they'll follow me there so we can buy kurt a new shoes. At past three, he called me as they're in Honda na daw, they're looking for me there, eh nakatambay pa ko sa Sonja's! so, I went to the service center, eksakto tapos na rin maintenance ng kotse ko. So, we went to Big & Small to buy the little boy a new sneakers, it's about time that we retire his ever reliable crocs! Grabe laki nang paa! we bought size 13!

Pasyal-pasyal, enjoy the weather kasi makulimlim tapos mahangin. The little boy had a blast in Bonifacio High. We then went to Market Market to have meryenda in Sbarro. I'm actually craving for Shakey's kaso wala kaming nakita so we settled there. We saw pa Songs along the way and he told us that Quel, Jeg and yaya are in KFC. So, we checked on them first then we ate na at Sbarro. After that, hubby has to go na for his saturday night bowling tournament. You see, hubby has monday, friday and saturday nights reserved for his bowling tournaments.

So, I'm thinking that kurt and I will probably go to SM Hypermart naman in Pasig kasi we need to do the grocery.. and I don't want to do it in Market Market kasi sa Honda naka-park ang car ko so abuso sa layo ang lalakarin. But the boy seemed tired already as he asked me to go home na so ayun, we went home na lang.

After bowling, when hubby's on his way home, he called me to ask if kurt is sleeping na and if someone can look after him kasi he's asking me to go out. Eh ako, since I'm reading nga my new book, tamad na to go out! but didn't dare tell him that! hahaha!! Kaso, all the helpers are sleeping na and even my in laws are sleeping na so we just went to the nearby Ministop. He bought beers, while I bought Vodka Ice. We spent the night watching cable tv (kasi we don't have any new dvd movies), sya lang pala nanood, ako I read pa rin my book! sobrang engrossed ko, I finished the entire book in half day!

Overall, I think this is the simplest birthday that I had but I am so at peace and happy. I was overwhelmed with all the people who greeted me that day. A lot of my officemates greeted me, which I am so surprised as it is a weekend. Even with the new project that I'm doing now, I'm surprised with my team mates kasi it's our first time to work together but they still greeted me on my day. We have email announcements of birthday celebrants but since it's a weekend, surprise talaga ako that a lot of people greeted me, even relatives in the province sent their text message. I am one happy gal!

We did not go out na to celebrate kasi we're going to Singapore next weekend (wipee!!). So, we're saving money for that trip.

No comments: